|The History of
St. John of Patmos Conclave
St. John of Patmos Conclave was chartered on the 22nd of May, 1931, as the 67th
Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine chartered by the Grand Imperial
Council of Knights of the Red Cross of Constantine and Appendant Orders for
the United States of America, Empire of the West. It was the second
Conclave of the Red Cross of Constantine chartered for the state, after St.
Nicholas Conclave No. 43 located in Wilmington, NC. Its membership is limited to 45 Companion Knights, mirroring that in the other two Conclaves of the state. Due to lack of activity, St. Nicholas Conclave No. 43 was merged with St. John of Patmos Conclave No. 67 in 1943.
In 1958, as a result of the merger of the East and West Grand Councils of the Red Cross, all Conclave numbers were omitted to avoid any dispute over seniority and precedence.
St. John of Patmos Conclave meets annually with its brother Conclave, St. Titus; the two Conclaves alternating as host for the other. The annual meeting is usually held in late October or early November in the city of the hosting Conclave's Sovereign.